Originally posted on February 1, 2007 @ 8:41 am
The Skype development team has been busy the past week as they’ve now done two bug fix releases.
If you use Skype like me, be sure to grab the latest version for your Operating System of choice.
Here’s what changed in the last two Skype releases:
31.01.2007 version 188.8.131.52
- Known issue: Skype Extras Manager displays error messages on launching some of the plug-ins under Windows’ Limited User account
- bugfix: SkypePM.exe crashes on first start after installation
- bugfix: Russian language display problems in updater
- bugfix: Groups panel stayed open when user was changed
- bugfix: Contact list focus was lost when using some toolbar buttons
24.01.2007 version 184.108.40.206
- bugfix: Cannot send SMS from contact menu in Chat window
- bugfix: Updated Internet Explorer and Firefox plugins
- bugfix: ActiveX objects cannot be created in eBay tab
- bugfix: SkypeCheck did not work on clean 3.0 install
Skype has come a long way in the past 2.5 years that I’ve been using it and I only see more good things to come from the Skype development team.
I’ve got pretty much all my clients, friends and family using it now and with all the cool new phones and accessories they have for sale, Skype is becoming a really good solution for many home and business VOIP users.