Choosing domain may not turn out to be very easy, especially when your website has no specific category. There are many general sites and owners of such sites can find domain availability check to be a nuisance. Specific websites may find selecting domain quite easy, as they can relate their domains with the categories of their website. If you want to do a domain availability check, you can do it in few selected steps.
Here is how you can do it:
• Go to a domain name registration website and enter your chosen domain name to find whether the chosen domain could be a proper name for your website.
• You should start with various extensions. Apply extensions to see which name would be the best. If you are looking for a country specific domain name, there’s an option for you to do exactly that.
• Once you are through with the selection, you should now click the search button, to finally make a domain availability check. As soon as you do that, several names crops up. The selected ones are tagged as ‘taken’, while the available ones are tagged differently.
• You will find many more domain names with misspellings of the name of the domain you had chosen. Make sure you select the right one. Choosing common domain names with spelling mistakes may harm your traffic.
• Once you make the final selection. Get yourself registered with the website. Make the payment and the domain is yours. The process is easier this way.