Aha, looks like my dream of owning a netbook running a dual-core CPU is slowly coming true. You see, the MSI Wind U230 was quietly released, rocking a 12.1-inch screen and a dual core AMD Neo X2 processor.
Specs, you say? Here you go:
- Display: 12.1 inch, 1366 x 768 pixel screen
- CPU: AMD Yukon MV40/L335 dual core processor
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD3200
- RAM: Up to 4GB of DDR2 667/800MHz RAM (2 DIMM slots)
- Storage: 160GB/250GB/320GB HDD
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Ethernet, optional Bluetooth
- I/O: HDMI, 3 USB ports, mic, headphone, VGA, 4-in-1 card reader
- Webcam: 1.3MP
- Battery: 3 or 6 cell options
- Dimensions: 11.7″ x 7.5″ x 1.2″
- Weight: 2.9 pounds (with 3 cell battery)
Okay, I’m not too hot about the battery life, but everything else about this netbook looks fine.