Originally posted on March 14, 2007 @ 8:35 am
Could Google be looking to build or design a wireless mobile phone?
This job posting titled “Analog Designer/Engineer” would lead me to believe Google is at least considering it.
According to the job posting (copied here for archive purposes):
Google organizes information and makes it accessible and useful. To improve accessibility, Google is experimenting with a few wireless communications systems including some completely novel concepts.
We are building a small team of top-notch Logic Designers and Analog Designers aimed at nothing less than making the entire world’s information accessible from anywhere for free. Are you in?
Here is the list of skills and requirements that Google is looking for in a Analog Designer:
- Electrical Engineering or related technical degree.
- First-rate Analog Designer with more than 5 years experience.
- Extensive circuit modeling and analysis experience.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Experience with switching power supply design a plus.
- Ham radio license a plus.
Although rumors of a Google phone have been circulating for quite some time, this is the best evidence so far that Google is really considering such a device.
You can bet we’ll hear more rumors about this mobile or wireless Google device in the next few weeks. Stay tuned, this rumor has a lot of potential.